Friday, July 5, 2013

5000m

I was lucky enough to watch (on TV) a Diamond League athletic's meeting, why am I telling you this? Well I think I need to become a proper runner again... I need to run track, and not just a couple of sessions on the track, I need to race!!!

So with 26 races already run this year, and while I am lucky enough to sneak the odd "old man's" prize, it's not really running... It's slow, I mean have you watched a 5000m track race:

AIRBORN
Those boys run at a different pace to us trail runners, last nights 10km took me an hour, they run 10km in 27min!!! So the road I run on is hardly a path and up the side of a mountain and theirs is flat and made for running while my was made by mountain goats! I still dream of running fast. No I won't get near to 27min for 10km, or 13min for 5000m. I can aim at 15min for 5000m (that is 15:59) and I want that 4 min mile (4:59).

The 4 min mile, or should I say the sub 4min mile... first run by Roger Bannister back in 1954 then in 2 week (19 July) is will be 16 years since Daniel Komen ran 2 miles in sub 8 !!!

So I plan, in the summer, to see if I can get a picture of me flying round the track...

But all that said you can expect to see me running on the mountains this weekend, role on summer I have a need for speed!

5 comments:

  1. How about this?
    http://www.marathontalk.com/challenges/magic_mile.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running round in circles on a tartan track vs running out in nature up on a mountain with beautiful views. I know which one I'd choose and I don't like running up. But I'm sure if you put your mind to it you'll achieve what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched it online. Anytime I see Dibaba on the track my next run is faster! She gets me all fired up! I could watch these track meets over and over. Such great talent! You are racing up a storm!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After watching races with those elite runners striding so amazingly, I imagine I am them for the next few runs ...a girl can dream ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all dream, but I'm going to get that picture and you will think I'm really flying!!!

    ReplyDelete