Friday, April 22, 2011

WILLIAM, KATE, KYLIE AND A MOUNTAIN GOAT

Easter weekend in Cape Town is Two Oceans time and South Africa's running fraternity heads for the Mother City.

With 11 medals behind me I've run enough ultras (56km) and the half holds no excitement for me, so with the introduction of a trail race I would find myself racing once again...

BUT FIRST THE EXPO


With registration behind me it was race day on Friday...
After last weeks race where I put my body on the line, I went for a more conservative approach remembering how last years race went, I wasn't going to fight to win the race in the 1st couple of easy km's...
Now instead of writing a long hill for hill, Single track, Fynbos style report, I thought I would tell my story with pictures...

The front page...


The sports page...

and a few pictures from the race...


They didn't get one of me here...

My friend Leo wrote a blog about his run / the race so maybe you should pop over to his page: LEO and have a read...

6 comments:

  1. Great pictures -- looks like an awesome race. I especially like the newspaper pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome on the newspaper article writeup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy shit! That is so exciting!! Congrats! Great pics. Amazing course too. That takes talent. I'd be on my ass in about 10 meters. ha. And are those compression leg sleeves you have on? Or something to keep the prickers away? The brush...Good runnin' friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on an excellent run!
    Now no more of that "old man" k*k please! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thumbs up! What an outstanding run... I love the pictures..

    ReplyDelete