Wednesday, October 26, 2011

So the days to my marathon are ticking away. I know most of you when training for a marathon look at your training by the number of weeks you have trained. I've seen a blogger write about week 16... when I'm on week 2 with 4 to go (OK make that 3 ½ weeks to go).

In years gone by I was in shape to train for a marathon in 4-6 weeks, but I'm coming off a "spider bite" and a cold and a rest week, so all in all about 6 weeks of very little running. I then had a 2 week build-up before training started.

Week 1 was good and not only did I get 2 morning runs and 2 sessions in but with my long run of 26km I was over 100km for the 1st time in 10 weeks.
Week 2 and I was a little stuffed come Thursday morning and my bed and wife won the battle over the dark and the tar road... Even with a 28km run on Saturday I fell short of the magical 100km mark.
Week 3 and we are still on track. I moved Tuesdays session to Monday so as to have fresh(er) legs for tonight's midweek 10km race.

Yes I'll be running the Old Mutual 10km race this evening and I hope to get close to 36:30, which will require another 30sec improvement. This ones going to be hard, I should feel fine for the first half, but then the fact that I've only get a couple of weeks training in the legs should hit home...

So much more to tell you, but that is for another post.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kittee your luck worked I kicked butt, don't know were it came from, kept thinking I would fall to pieces But I nailed it.

    ReplyDelete