Wednesday, October 17, 2012

OTTER WEEKEND



A pestie fly buzzed at the window breaking the silence, ok it wasn't quiet as the sound of the waves could be heard crashing on the rocks below. Don't get me wrong the sea wasn't rough but in the little Sea side "town" of Vleesbaai there wasn't much else to be heard. 

VIEW FROM THE PLACE WE WERE STAYING
Shandy, my little Jack Russell, lay in her basket feeling sorry for herself after a walk on the beach. We think she was stung by a blue-bottle.

NOT FELLING TO WELL
Peanut Boy was on the couch resting... 

YES NEXT TO ME

The 4 hour trip up was without incident, for a drive in AFRICA... We headed up the National Road and had to stop to take pictures of ELEPHANT!!! Yes from the National Road we could see Elephants...

WISH I HAD MY CAMERA
Soon after that we left the highway and headed for the coast, our eyes now peeled on the bush... We didn't see any other game, but did have to leave the road to let a heard of sheep go by... (sorry I didn't have the camera out.)

It was a good choice to take an extra couple of days off work and spend the time on the drive up and down. The truth be told our neighbor has always said we should visit his little beach house, and with a view like this, why not...

DAWN ON THE BEACH
The next day it was on to Plet, party town to the rich and famous... I was able to put in warm up run on the beach before the prologue on Friday. I drove through to Stormsriver and the race venue on my own, leaving Dawn and the puppies behind. 

WE ALSO WANT TO GO
The prologue was a little 4km jog through the forest... some 22:36 I was finished. It was twisty and turny through the forest and I had run hard enough to place in the top 25 (18th) and that placed me in the front group of the race... With the main event being single track from almost the gun (just a short run across the beach) they wanted to seed us. With my seeding done I headed home for the night.

OK this was home for the weekend...

IT'S CALLED THE TREE HOUSE
 Tomorrow was the big race...

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure anything is going to top the elephants! Beautiful part of the world you live in, look forward to the race report! I miss the beach and onshore breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you had a wonderful weekend! Am very jealous of the view :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely! I think my Jack Russell makes the same sulky faces when she doesn't feel good ...or when she can't get her way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Shandy looks so sad in that picture. Dogs' eyes are so expressive.

    How great is it that you get to see elephant from the car when you're just driving down the road?! I had to pay good money to see one the other day at the zoo. The most exciting thing I've seen from the car over here was a kangaroo.

    ReplyDelete