Thursday, November 14, 2013

WILL NEW SHOES HELP

With Winelands only a couple of days away I am starting to think about the race, OK maybe I should be saying worry about the race!!!

So while I take a taper week I also look back and the buildup I've had, and ask the question?

DID I DO ENOUGH?

  • Enough for a sub 3, Yes.
  • Enough for a sub 2h50, Yes (brave statement...)
  • Enough for a sub 2h40... This is the question I am asking myself, it's not going to be easy, and I need the running gods on my side...
What does the log book say?
  • This week is easy enough, Good... rest so important.
  • I'll eat enough, food and a bit of this to help build back any muscles I have used...
A little protien
  • Training, is one ever happy? 
  • Sessions, yes I did them, fast enough? would have liked them quicker.
  • Distance in the week? Good, but a couple of morning runs would have been nice...
  • Long runs? This is what scares me, I feel I haven't do enough since my marathon in September!
  • SHOES...
OLD KSO 5 FINGERS
  •  With over a 1000 miles (yes miles) on them maybe not a good choice.
NB MT00
  •  Another shoe with over 1000 miles, they have seen better days.
TREK PRO 5 FINGERS
  •  Only 777km logged in these and I did run my last marathon in them, this could work!
NB MT10
  •  Yes they are a trail shoe, but with 788km logged I now use them more on the road, feel like slippers on the foot.
INOV-8
  • Ran this race in them last year,  only 767km logged, another possibility.
NB MINIMUS 10V2
  •  Ran in them yesterday 7km (only run in them), feel good for a Marathon!
So will new shoes help me reach my goal?

1 comment:

  1. If you're asking me, new shoes always help. But I'm a woman so you might want to ignore any advice I give on shoes.

    ReplyDelete