Monday, January 12, 2015

LEGS CALLING FOR A REST



The weeks roll into months and the year is over... so while it's been an easy year I might have picked it up just enough to earn a rest week. 

Let's look at the last three weeks:
Saturday 20th saw me running up to the dams and I knocked off another 17km on the Sunday... this set me up for the week ahead:

Monday could have been an easy 10 but after 5km we did 10 x 6sec steep hills (I call it a plyometric session), then it was back to the track for 3km at marathon pace...

Tuesday... this was big, in fact the session was so scary I shortened the warm up to only 2.5km. So what scared us... 25 x 400m...  We had to earn Christmas dinner!

Christmas dinner with the family was filling my Christmas eve so I only had time (and legs) for an easy 8km before work...  Yes I was still at the office! 

Christmas day... just like any other little boy out there I was up at first light, but not to look under the tree, I was fitting a run in before church. Nothing to big just up the Green Belts, up Cecelia and up Nursery ravine! 8km of climbing had taken me to the top of the back table and now it was time to head back!

Santa's on his way...

After the 9-o-clock service it was time for me to cook Christmas lunch... I had lamb and chicken on the weber, and the weber under an umbrella (it was raining)!!!

With Christmas over I met some friends at Constantia Nek and popped up round the dams to burn off Christmas pudding!

Saturday and I thought I had better do a bit of running instead of climbing the mountain for a 3rd day in a row, so I run a rather undulating 19km!

Sunday long run... No Dawn and I went for a cycle!

The end of Chappies
 So I went for my run at midday! 16km easy...

So I left the road again!
Monday, the office was closed, so I took Dawn out for Breakfast... But we needed to run first!

I also have a beach to run on!
Tuesday 30 With the year running out of days I headed to the tack for a last session...

Another 25 x 400m
Wednesday so how does one end the year? I thought Lion's Head would be a good idea, and it was, but even at 06h30 there were to many people with the same idea.

While sitting there I saw the Table was set...

So I popped over and headed up India Fenster!
Only 16km, but 2h25 and 1300m climb...
     Oh if that wasn't enough I still ran the 8km race in the evening with Dawn!

Thursday and the start of a New Year... I headed out from home and up Skeleton. I was really slow, but after a quick swim in the dam I headed down Nursary.

Working on my tan!
Friday, my friend Mark met me and we went for a little cycle... Well it was a little cycle for him, 80km seemed a long way to me!

Saturday... I run ran 5km to ensure the legs still worked (they didn't which didn't bode well for Sunday!)

Sunday, and the first Race of the year, Bay to Bay 30km... Maybe I went out to hard, but it was very hard work after 15km and I wasn't flying when we hit the down hill to the finish...

The legs were calling for a rest!

So I have listened and taken this last week easy only 3-5km a day.

 (that was till Saturday when I hit the mountain again...)

3 comments:

  1. I did 15000km of vert in DEcember and guess what, picked up an injury

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was only at about 10 000m

      Sorry you are injured

      Delete
  2. I totally agree. After all of that you really do deserve a rest week.

    ReplyDelete