So were does one start? I could start with the weekend of races and all that excitement, but you will have to read on, I'm starting with Monday
- Monday: With a 10km race in Town I moved the 1st session of the week to Monday so we could have plenty of Athletes a) doing the session and b) running the race, if I had kept the session on Tuesday those wanting to run the race would have lost out on a session as they would have felt it a good thing to rest/take easy the day before a race... It was a great session, the wind was blowing something special and we were in luck as I had fast slow 200m on the cards. So with the wind at our backs we took off running fast. OK a couple of the guys ran fast I'm still slow... 36 ish sec but I'm a lot stronger than the youngsters and my slows were a lot faster than theirs. I was running in my New Balance Minimus 00 and it was easy and I just kept going 10 - 15 and decided that 17 fast would be enough for the day.
|graph of fast slow looks good|
- Tuesday: Just an easy run in the forest.
- Wednesday: I didn't run the race, and took the guys felt behind for an easy road run of 12km.
- Thursday: Hills!!! In my quest to get fit and strong I ran with a pack... OK I am a trail runner and am required in longer races to carry my own water and stuff, so I like to train with a pack on from time to time. Carrying that weight made it hard work and I started to loss it on number 5, 2:08 2:08 2:08 2:12!!! then I was finished 2;20...
- Friday; started at 5h15 when I popped out for an easy jog around the block. It didn't end there I spent my lunch registering for:
|EXPO here we come.|
|Lots of people lots of biking stuff|
- Saturday: Race day, well I wasn't racing, I was just going to run the race... I left home on foot. (the race starts 2km from our place) with plenty of time to spare... Now since my Sunday was a little full I knew I needed a couple of extra km this morning, so I ran a little 8km loop to get to the start! (was lazy and should have aimed at 10-12km). The race went well, I set the pace for a friend looking at dipping under 57min. We had a nice group and the km were easy 18:33 at 5km and 36:48 at 10km, then we climb a little hill and I decided to run down a couple of team mates... so I didn't slow!!! I know I didn't need to, but!!! don't worry I did check over my shoulder and Stef was doing just fine. I wasn't able to pick the pace up at the end, so settled for holding it at 3:40ish... I finished in 55:46 coming 36th and 4th 40+.
- Sunday: Cycled day... with the bike packed in the car we drove to the start and joined the other 30 000!!!
|Spider webs on the bike!!!|
|The start line for group DD|
|Dawn waiting to start|
|OK Dawn waved and I peddled|
Yes I still went for a run that evening, but only had time for 8km as I had spent the afternoon moving furniture for my folks...
Look at that another week gone and I don't feel any fitter, I need to get in a long run this weekend...